CASA UAV Training Requirements

CASA requires UAV Australia Controllers to complete several aviation theory exams in order to qualify for a UAV Controller Certificate.

  • Private Pilot Licence (PPL) Theory Exam. This includes all the content covered in Basic Aeronautical Knowledge (BAK) theory courses and PPL theory courses.
  • Aircraft Radio Operator Certificate of Proficiency
  • Instrument Rating Exam (ONLY if the UAV Controller will be flying a UAV Beyond Visual Line of Site (BVLOS)